ETS Shoutbox
ETS-Clan ShoutBox [Join Us]
symbols: 200

Menu

Home Forums News Download Clan Members Photos Contact Us Site Info Donate Banlist

Login form

Search

Join us!

Statistics

Top forum users

Sokol
Posts 996
Hunter
Posts 910
Night
Posts 514

Changing name and adding symbols in Swat 4 TSS!! - Forum - Elite Tactical Squad

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: _NISSAN_  
Forum » General chat » Help » Changing name and adding symbols in Swat 4 TSS!!
Changing name and adding symbols in Swat 4 TSS!!
Sokol Date: Tuesday, 2011-01-04, 5:15 PM | Message # 1
General
Group: Clan Manager
Xfire username: dariocod2
ok so my problem is that I cant change my name from Sokol to |ETS|Sokol_RC....I have tried while I was ingame,I tried to insert symbol "|" and "_" but it didnt it only allows to insert letters from a-w and numbers from 0-9....then I went to the installation folder,next I opened SwatGame.int and in there I saw two lines
DefaultMPName=Player
MPNameAllowableCharSet=abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1234567890ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ()<>{}|_!^,
instead of player I insert a name "|ETS|Sokol_RC" and I added the symbols |,_ again to the second line.In that file I havent found anything related to mp names......I opened swat4 and there it was,Sokol,again and in settings I couldnt change it...can someone help me to write this name to swat4 tss "|ETS|Sokol_RC"
I would be grateful....

Added (2010-10-29, 11:06 PM)
---------------------------------------------
it has been fixed.

Added (2011-01-04, 6:15 PM)
Ok I have heard that a lot of new ETS members had the problem same or similliar to mine,so I am gonna post the solution as I should had done it before!
ok here we go,good luck everyone!

1.go to your installation folder of swat 4,open contentexpansion-->system
(it should look like this C:\Program Files\S.W.A.T. 4\ContentExpansion\System)
2.find these two files; SwatGame.ENG file and SwatGame.INT file
then,just in case if something goes wrong ,make a backup copy of this two files
3.open the SwatGame.ENG file, inside you must find this line:(its almost at the beginning of the file) DefaultMPName= ,now write your name after the equal symbol.
Now look a bit down you should see this line: MPNameAllowableCharSet= ,here you must add this symbols ()<>{}|_!^ ,now close it save it in system folder
4. do the same thing with SwatGame.INT

I think thats all,for any further question just ask biggrin

You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets.

SAS_CO_Random Date: Tuesday, 2011-03-29, 9:54 PM | Message # 2
Private
Group: Forum member
Xfire username:
Hey, we have a similar problem in our server. After each round, it takes away our underscores. For example SAS_CO_Random becomes SASCORandom after each round. To fix, we click settings then game controls then click back and it puts the underscores back into our names.

If we made the above corrections to the server files, would it cause a mismatch when players tried to join if they hadn't made the same changes locally?

Sokol Date: Tuesday, 2011-03-29, 10:38 PM | Message # 3
General
Im glad you have a question and Ill try to answer it as best I can.
This correction is only for users to make as far as i know it doesnt have to do anything with server,for example: I played with my friend a LAN game and everytime I join his server my name would be Sokol and to make it |ETS|Sokol I did the thing mentioned in my post above and when I joined any other server it would be fine,same problem had mine friend and some other members of this clan.So the server doesnt need to be changed.I dont think you should change server files just everyone that experience this problem should do it manually for their swat4 tss.
Quote (SAS_CO_Random)
After each round, it takes away our underscores. For example SAS_CO_Random becomes SASCORandom after each round.

well my problem wasnt like that but simmiliar,it would remove the "|"symbol everytime I join any server but not after each round(but if every player made this correction it should be fixed)
Quote (SAS_CO_Random)
If we made the above corrections to the server files, would it cause a mismatch when players tried to join if they hadn't made the same changes locally?

cant tell you for sure if it will cause a mismatch,but try to do it manually(every player for his swat4 tss files)

hope i made myself clear(my english isnt that good) and hope you will solve your problem.
p.s. this tutorial I made completely myself didnt found it somewhere on google,so as far as I know it only solves problem that accured to me months ago dont know if it will help you

SAS_CO_Random Date: Wednesday, 2011-03-30, 1:44 AM | Message # 4
Private
Group: Forum member
Xfire username:
Thanks. It sounds like you are advising each client to do this individually if they have problems with their names. I appreciate the input.

Sokol Date: Friday, 2011-09-23, 10:45 PM | Message # 5
General
Quote (SAS_CO_Random)
It sounds like you are advising each client to do this individually if they have problems with their names.

exactly biggrin
send feedback about the situation.
Bye hello

Added (2011-09-23, 11:45 PM)
UPDATE: There is easier way to have more symbols and special characters, try this:

Open your Default.ini file. Under the [Engine.Engine] header, find:

Language=eng

and change it to:

Language=int

Now do the same thing for Swat4.ini & Swat4X.ini (if the two lines don't exist in Swat4(X).ini ignore this part).

Message edited by Sokol - Friday, 2011-09-23, 10:45 PM

ToxicDoom Date: Wednesday, 2011-12-14, 9:40 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Clan Member
Xfire username: ramyamir
you helped me a lot! THANK YOU!! u should win the noble prize happy biggrin

Sokol Date: Thursday, 2011-12-15, 9:02 AM | Message # 7
General
Quote (ToxicDoom)
you helped me a lot! THANK YOU!! u should win the noble prize

You're welcome mate , glad this thread helped you happy

Forum » General chat » Help » Changing name and adding symbols in Swat 4 TSS!!
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Latest threads

Server statistics