ETS Shoutbox
ETS-Clan ShoutBox [Join Us]
symbols: 200

Menu

Home Forums News Download Clan Members Photos Contact Us Site Info Donate Banlist

Login form

Search

Join us!

Statistics

Top forum users

Sokol
Posts 996
Hunter
Posts 910
Night
Posts 514

Need help with finding the source of an IP adress - Page 2 - Forum - Elite Tactical Squad

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: _NISSAN_  
Forum » General chat » Help » Need help with finding the source of an IP adress
Need help with finding the source of an IP adress
Shadowhunt Date: Sunday, 2012-04-01, 1:14 PM | Message # 16
Major
Group: Clan Member
Xfire username:
ok so they can collect important data and deliver it to someone?

Apache Date: Sunday, 2012-04-01, 1:17 PM | Message # 17
Lieutenant
Group: Clan friends
Xfire username: apachekitten
No, only to google, yahoo etc for search engine ranks and cached. They take a carbon copy of the webpage for cache and then deduce your rank via keywords, links etc and return links. They don't collect data as such unless it is stated on the webpage and it is viewable by the spider, then they would take a carbon copy of said data for cache.

Just enter spiders.txt and block pages you don't want them viewing if worried.

Shadowhunt Date: Sunday, 2012-04-01, 1:38 PM | Message # 18
Major
Xfire username:
Alright, will do thanks a lot.

captain Date: Sunday, 2012-04-01, 10:26 PM | Message # 19
Major general
Xfire username:
I know nothing about tracing IPs, sadly. But thankfully it looks like Apache knows what he's doing. I hope you find this guy, I hate the idea of some smug scumbag in a basement somewhere leeching off of hardworking people like you and your parents.

Apache Date: Monday, 2012-04-02, 1:13 PM | Message # 20
Lieutenant
Quote (captain)
I know nothing about tracing IPs, sadly. But thankfully it looks like Apache knows what he's doing. I hope you find this guy, I hate the idea of some smug scumbag in a basement somewhere leeching off of hardworking people like you and your parents.

All the info I've posted is publicly available information, no tracing necessary.(Not that tracing as you think it is possible.) If you know where to look you can find out a damn lot about an IP.

And what about this smug scumbag? Not all of us are evil.

That and their spider's captain. Bots from google/yahoo used to view webpages so they can index them for searches from users. All the results you get on a google/yahoo search are indexes from spiders.

Struis Date: Monday, 2012-04-02, 4:16 PM | Message # 21
Lieutenant general
Group: Server admin
Xfire username: Struis1
Quote (Apache)
And what about this smug scumbag? Not all of us are evil.

I don't see where he said ALL are 'smug scumbag'. If it actually was someone who tried to steal money from him though, then I think the name suits the person well...

Apache Date: Monday, 2012-04-02, 4:38 PM | Message # 22
Lieutenant
It was a spider, not an attacker, there was no danger.

captain Date: Monday, 2012-04-02, 11:50 PM | Message # 23
Major general
Xfire username:
Don't worry apache, I was not talking about you or anyone else like, I certainly don't believe everyone ( or even a fraction of 1%) who shares your knowledge of computers is evil, I apologize if I offended you.

I was merely talking about the kind of people who exist solely to steal money from others, whether they do it with a computer or by robbing an old woman at knifepoint on the street. Obviously you aren't anything like that, You are a good person, and there are many others like you. Besides if I didn't have people like you to give me advice on how to install mods, I'd be totally lost.

I have never heard about spiders before, just goes to show how stupid I am.LOL
Ill have to read your post about them.

Added (2012-04-02, 11:50 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Glad to hear shadow was in no danger though

Apache Date: Tuesday, 2012-04-03, 9:57 AM | Message # 24
Lieutenant
Quote (captain)
Don't worry apache, I was not talking about you or anyone else like, I certainly don't believe everyone ( or even a fraction of 1%) who shares your knowledge of computers is evil, I apologize if I offended you.

I was merely talking about the kind of people who exist solely to steal money from others, whether they do it with a computer or by robbing an old woman at knifepoint on the street. Obviously you aren't anything like that, You are a good person, and there are many others like you. Besides if I didn't have people like you to give me advice on how to install mods, I'd be totally lost.

I have never heard about spiders before, just goes to show how stupid I am.LOL
Ill have to read your post about them.

Typically anyone with my computer knowledge is classed as a hacker, so my peers are very much those who steal cheat and generally abuse anything in sight. While you may not have mentioned me, they are my peers none the less. Take a comrade in the military, you would stand by each other even if you didn't like each other, it's akin to that in hacking circles, we stand by each other regardless of alignment or if they're an unsavory bastard.

In hacking there are three classes, or a hat system. There are White, Grey and Black hat hackers. Black hats are those you think of, we prefer their original name of crackers and prefer to disown them. They are those whom will hack banks, emails, accounts, steal corporate data and so on. Grey hats are those who simply do whatsoever they wish without alignment, generally for their own benefit. And white hat hackers are those who have no desire to attack and instead rebuild, defend, upgrade and improve anything you see around you. It's not uncommon for a white hat hacker to hat into say a bank just to fix bugs and fix exploits that could be used against the bank without touching or even looking for the data.

Unfortunately my creed is dying out so much that generic programmers who build programs are being classed as white hats because we're so few.

But yes, no offense taken, it's just standing by my peers.

Don't worry about spiders, I'd be surprised if more than 3 people who have viewed this thread know what they are. When i was 13 i was building a website and as such looked into improving Google rank and the like, as such i learned about spiders, how they work and how to trick them. Ah the good old days.

Message edited by Apache - Tuesday, 2012-04-03, 10:00 AM

Forum » General chat » Help » Need help with finding the source of an IP adress
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Latest threads

Server statistics